SimianExist

13 March, 2006

Out Of Africa...

Other Half has gone to Kenya on work.

In the run up to the trip, he has been extremely excited. Lists were compiled over what to pack, how much to pack, when to pack etc.

I used to travel for work a fair bit back in my working days. As a result the general motto is Less is Better and when you're constantly on the road for 2 weeks and living out of a suitcase, you generally manage with half the amount of clothing and get everything to be done by the hotel laundrette.

So while Other Half was deliberating over how much linen to pack and picking off lightweight garments off the rail, I was trailing after him trying to dissuade his notions that he needed so much stuff. Finally after what seemed like an eternity we settled on a relatively modest packing list and carried on home with some new purchases.

The next day, Other Half rang while I was in lectures so I returned his call when I'd finished.

OH: Do you think I should buy a mosquito net?

Me (scathingly): Darling, you're going on an Acme Work Related Trip, not bloody Meryl Streep doing Out Of Africa.

OH: Oh, okay then... *hangs up*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home