SimianExist

10 March, 2006

Je n'ai rien appris...

Yesterday afternoon I was at home and looking at the state of the vegetable/fruit bowl that sits on the worktop in the kitchen, I decided to utilise most of the contents that were looking decidedly tired and somewhat fed-up of competing with the younger, fresher and more luscious purchases that were thrown in earlier in the week. So I made a very interesting Spanish Omelete with various vegetable varieties thrown in. Then I sat down with Small and Big Flatmates and we had a nice civilised lunch and chatted about nonsensical things as a distraction to the monotony of deadlines and dissertations that we are all facing at the moment.

After that I had good intentions of sitting down and doing work. Instead, now having somewhat worked out how to activate my wireless internet connection on my Superduper Laptop I went about surfing on eBay, looking at various things including speakers and sunglasses. I almost put a bid for a set of speakers then realised that I, a) Had no money and b) hadn't a clue how I was going to link them up to my laptop anyway and so I abandoned the idea of having Club-Quality speakers that would compete with those that the Neanderthal in the cave below had.

Later I got bored and started looking up lyrics to some songs, and set of which was from a song by a French Diva from the 60's called Marie LaforĂȘt, of which whom I was given a CD by my friend when I was in Paris a few weeks ago.

After faffing around on the internet for a while I went into the kitchen for a scheduled cigarette break with Small Flatmate and I confessed to what I was doing instead of work. She then asked me what song I was singing along to.

'Oh, je n'ai rien appris...'

Which means: I have learnt nothing.

How ironic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home