SimianExist

03 January, 2006

Happy New Year...

...pull your ear - Malaysian colloq.

Well, I'm back and in a Brand New Year. Each January brings with it depressive moods of having eaten and drunk and done lots of naughty things way too much over the festive period, and as a result we make measures to rectify this and this is called making New Years Resolutions (NYR). Normally these don't really last very long but some others do and it makes it worthwhile and gives one a smug feeling of achievement. Some NYR's are best achieved alone, other must be done hand-in-hand with other half. The following is a list of my NYR's:

1. Give Up Smoking: this is normally the hardest thing to do. I always find an excuse to have a cigarette and convince myself that I Am Stressed. Last night after doing the maths I have a good excuse to stop smoking, that is after 2 months of not smoking I can afford myself an i-Pod and I really would like one.

2. Give Up Chocolate: This is by far the easiest one as I don't generally eat the stuff. Will be much harder getting other half to obey this rule.

3. Go To Gym: I needn't clarify on that one as I now have supersized love handles.

4. Spend Wisely: so I have money to use in an emergency. This means that I will have to change my mobile phone tariff and only go to the cinema on Wednesdays with other half's Orange Deux pour Un offer, and scouring the aisles of Sainsbury's in the hope of attaining fabulous offers on the Taste the Difference and Be Good To Yourself range.

5. Eat Healthily: This means that garnish and cranberry and pomegranate mixers with alcohol DO NOT constitute part of the healthy 5 a day fruit/veg portions.

6. Concentrate On Studies: Easier said then done.

7... er, well, lets not go overboard here. One step at a time.

After this I will return and have a review of said resolutions on February the 1st and see if I've made any progress...

PS: On another note, blogging has been quite fun. Other half may or may not read my blogs but to me it has been wildly exciting. It's almost like being in a secret society with fellow bloggers giving you comments to boost your confidence. After a while it's almost addictive and you start thinking about what to blog about next. Like how intimate can the details be?

So I guess I shouldn't blog about other half's echoingly Loud Farts.

I just hope to goodness that he's not reading this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home