SimianExist

07 January, 2006

Exams...

...are so bloody tedious.

I went to sit a Graduate Entry Medical Exam yesterday and the itinerary that we were provided with was executed to military precision. That meant from 8 am we queued and started the exams all the way through to 5 pm with a break for lunch in between. 8 solid hours of pure cerebral action. Go me.

So I was really tired because I didn't sleep too well the night before. I suffer from insomnia and most days get between 3-4 hours uninterrupted sleep at a push. And after that time my senses switch on full blast, especially my sense of hearing/sound. The tiniest click i enough to sit bolt upright and its quite annoying when you're lying there thinking of nice, uninterrupted, blissful rest.

This morning yielded the same neanderthal hunter-gatherer grunts at 7 am. I do not begrudge people waking at 7 am on a Saturday morning but I do fucking hate it when they decide to wake everyone else up along with them. Being from the Stone Ages Groog downstairs used his fossilised mobile bone to ring his friend Grawp and proceeded to stand in his courtyard just below my window and conducted the most neanderthalistic, chavvy conversation one could not wish to hear. I'll spare you the details but I do not understand why certain modes of conversation have to have the words 'fuck', 'cunt', 'like', 'yeah', right' and 'innit' interjected in between every other word. Example:

'Yeah mate that fucking cow innit yeah, she like, innit right, took the fucking keys yeah, and that cunt fucking left yeah, the fucking door fucking locked.'

One can only expect that if they get to essay writing stage those words will bulk up the material and bring the word count to the desired fucking number of fucking words, innit?

I've injured my left hand so its a fairly short post.

I'll type more when the paper-cuts have healed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home