SimianExist

13 January, 2006

And Then There Was...

... a whole chunk of time that I've been sat here wasting my time because the sodding internet in the office is down.

Honestly, I don't know how I get through the day if the net crashes. I keep clicking on the 'send/receive' button, hoping that the long gossipy email that I have just replied to is already assimilated in binary pieces and at this moment is whizzing across my head into the laptop of my correspondent where she is awaiting my cynical and oh so bitchy response to what we both think of mutual friends and their current phase of bickering.

Gone are the days of gossiping only over tea/coffee/telephone/booze but since the advent of the internet gossip has become more rife.

tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...

Sorry but we are unable to locate your mail server at this moment. Please contact your network administrator as there may be a fault.

SOD SOD SOD this... I need to know. I pick up the phone when I hear a gentle 'beep'. I look around my desk and see my mobile phone, staring solemnly at me, screen lit up with what may be a message. My face lights up...

There is 1 unread text message...

'so basically on the bus blah blah blah and then she yak yak yak............btw is your email down? just bounced back so txt'ing you instead. tb. G '

I love the fact that O2 were so predictable in offering me 1000 free SMS a month.

I went shopping the other day (window) and went absolutely gaga over a bag. Well, it was more like a satchel. Then I saw the price. And I balked.

Then I saw the brand. And I bawled.

Resolution number 7: Book appointment with Dr Francesco. Head needs examining as am beginning to fancy Chav labels.

I think my Essex roots are showing through. Must get a touch up this weekend. Hampstead, here I come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home