SimianExist

08 July, 2006

Apologies...

...apologies...

Things have been somewhat surreal recently. I've been meaning to update this blog regularly but somehow haven't actually found the time to do so. Aside from working quite hard, I've been mainly packing and organising to move into OH's flat as he's leaving and I'm taking over his lease as mine runs out a day before he actually leaves, so its all worked out.

Friday was very surreal indeed. On the anniversary of the London bombings all the tubes were quiet. The day before I got stopped searched and while people were streaming out off the tube, I was there in a corner desperately trying to avoid the accusing glances of fellow commuters who were eyeing me up and down and throwing alarmed looks at the SpaceNK bag I had with me. It's only my bloody lunch and my pashmina in there I wanted to scream.

But hey ho, I've now got a lovely pink slip that allows me to wave it in the faces of any law enforcing officer who comes up to question me on why I'm in aisle 2 of the supermarket where all the ladies tampons are instead of the other aisle where the bread is.

My answer: Because I'm bloody gluten intolerant that's why.

And after an agonizing 8 months, thinking that I am diseased with this stupid rash, it transpires that I have a gluten intolerance. Every time I come into contact with the stuff it means that I'll break out into a rash that'll eventually subside but in place scar me for life.

So, with OH off and me unpacking in a new flat tomorrow, spare a thought for lil' Monkey over here and I'll regale you with Tales of the City once I resume service on Monday.

And this time I promise.

*Thanks to Fastfingers who sent me a very stern email telling me I was naughty for not updating my blog...*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home