SimianExist

26 May, 2006

A Very Harried Affair...

... over the state of things going on.

Recently I've been a bit AWOL, what with the end of exams one would have thought that I'd be kicking back and relaxing and having a laugh. Not so. Having not worked since January my finances are in a bad state, and as a result I have been signing up to temp agencies to get some work and as a result have spread myself a bit thin and suddenly I'm being swamped with calls and I'm rushing left right and centre to register and work and get life back on track.

Having done all the above, the Bank Holiday was a welcome relief and I got extremely inebriated over Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Monday found me a quivering wreck, with my head pounding in protest and my liver having moved itself into rehab. So, back to the old detox regime of veggies, fruit and exercise.

In fact, on reflection, I have been eating a ton of fruit recently. However, I don't think that your 5-a-day portion necessarily includes all the fruit that you find in Pimm's, or that fruit blended with ice and gin necessarily count either. However, and I stick to this in my defence, the stick of celery found in Bloody Mary's does constitute 2 portions, especially if you get a whole massive stick of it that almost upsets the glass.

So, all that aside, I have found myself a job. Actually, those very nice recruitment consultant people at Michael Page have found me a job. I've sold all my dignity and I'm going to head into the city tomorrow, all suited and booted and will be running the rat race with all those other city people and I'll be based in an investment bank. How exciting, to finally earn some proper money after all this time and be able to afford those fabulous boots I saw in Selfridges the other day.

Abject apologies to everyone for the bout of silence over the last few weeks. I'm now looking forward to going into work and reporting from the world of Money...

Obviously everything will be changed to protect all identities.

Or not...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home