SimianExist

15 February, 2008

Dancing Queens...

Tonight OH and I are having our flatwarming. We still don't have any furniture, bar the 2 cheap armchairs from Ikea that are stand-ins while the rest of the stuff arrives. The lounge and dining area resembles the set for the French and Saunders dialogues: a big white room with 2 armchairs, although ours are skeltal versions of a comfy armchair.

So, a few weeks ago I asked my friend Stornisse about Eurotrash music, of which he is a big fan and incidentally is about to be the official Eurovision blogger. Following that conversation, he made me a playlist and sent a USB key full of some rather obscure music with titles such as Cameltoe, Trendy Discotheque (my favourite), and the Best Titled 'Aldi Markt'.

Oh, and this little gem:



But this is even better:



(Okay, neither are on the track list but you have an idea)

So tonight will be the culmination of a few days worth of preparation. I often like to prepare my own food unless I'm catering for more than 40 which then gets a little industrious, or I would have to be a full time House-Person to do so. Anyway, this is what we're having:

- Spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce
- Smoked salmon and caviar canapés
- Roasted peppers and smoked mozzarella pizza
- Thai chicken skewers
- Nachos with hummus and salsa
- Pecan dark chocolate brownies with white chocolate frosting

Some friends are making Haitian Rum Punch, and initially I was asked to procure 8 bottles of rum, to make 30 peoples worth of punch. I thought that it might be slightly excessive, as there would also be champagne for the early birds and the usual wine or beer as well as spirits and mixers. So now its been whittled down to 4 bottles. I still think I'll need to bleach out the bathtub so the Haitian Girls can make their tub of punch if the strength is to be easiliy consumable. Actually, I think the rum would do just as good a job of cleaning the bathtub...

Pictures of the food will follow (when the camera attachments arrive).

Have a good weekend all, and see you next week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home