SimianExist

30 January, 2008

Eyes and Ears checked...

That's what I need.


I've posted before that I get into work, and turn the television on to watch the news on the financial markets. While CEO's and analyst's drone on about the valuation of companies and sectors, I debate over the choice of Birchner Muesli I will be having for breakfast (the choices are with raisins, without raisins, with nuts, with chocolate and nuts, with berries and nuts, or tropical.)


Ever so often I'll pay attention and some newscaster will catch my eye. Sometimes I think they're cute, sometimes not. Sometimes I develop a fancy towards them (its tough when you're in an office on your own) but more often than not after looking at them for a while I realise that there is something not quite right about their suaveté. Example:




Brian Shactman. At first glance he's very clean cut, nice grin, knows his stuff. Reminds me of Leiv Schreiber (who I quite fancy, and reminds me a bit of one of my nice ex's). When I turn on the volume he has an okay voice, but the American twang really grates. Further inspection reveals a wonky exe, which is very mean of me. The tie that Brian is wearing in the picture here, is the exact same tie he is wearing today, but with a white shirt.

Then there's the other who is okay on the eye at first, then longer watching makes me think of a monkey. And another who totally reminds me of my ex colleague who had a habit of escaping to the toilet with the days papers (the FT, the Telegraph, the Times and European Wall Street Journal) and would not emerge until everything was read cover to cover. How someone could stew in such a stink is beyond me.

There was once when I saw a really dashing guy describing something on the current market situation. Dashing, wire rimmed glasses, very good looking. I turned the volume on to hear what he had to say.

He sounded like Mickey Mouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home