SimianExist

03 January, 2008

Happy New Year...

...to everyone.

So where do I start? Ups and downs of 2007 will be put to rest and I am determined that 2008 will be the Year that Everything Comes Together. Started off in style, 1 bottle of champagne became 3 and by the morning/afternoon of the 1st my head was dull and I had to get up and pack up the rest of my stuff as Other Half and I were booked to come back to Geneva that evening.

After a meal of Nando's (we shared a whole chicken, a ton of chips and a bowl of coleslaw) we traipsed back to the flat and got everything in order. I then logged on to the internetweb to check the booking reference and almost burst a blood vessel when OH calmly pointed out that I had booked it for the previous day, at the wrong time to which I thought I'd booked, at the WRONG airport. Luckily for us OH was thinking on his feet and managed to rebook us onto the next flight out from a much nicer airport (London City) on a much nicer plane (Swiss, instead of Easyjet).

So, we're back and we're detoxing. On the Lemon Detox Diet. Only I've also given up alcohol for January (and by proxy, smoking too) so when you're not eating, and your dietary options are limited to syrup, lemon juice, peppermint tea and water, its pretty bloody boring. And because Geneva is a pretty bloody boring place to be when you're bored and nothing is open, we cracked and shared a pizza.

Half a pizza each, I'm not feeling guilty.

Anyway, my parents meanwhile have been busy on the other side of the world and have won an award. As a result our planned family holiday that was supposed to take place in a resort in Bhutan has now been changed to St Louis, Missouri, USA.

If anyone knows of anything exciting to do there please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home