SimianExist

13 December, 2007

Stuart Alan Jones...

... after tonight's conversation.

Tai-Tai D is American and I met him at some drinks do a few months ago. Initially we said hi and bye, then we met again a couple of months later. Somehow we got chatting and we realised that we'd found our inner Tai-Tai between us; thus we became friends.

So I leave London, and Tai-Tai D is devastated. However, fate will have it that he comes over to the Land of Yodelling for work quite alot. And so we met for dinner tonight and caught up on all the gossip. Somehow during the course of the conversation on to topics more pressing, such as 'would you put out on a first date?'.

My answer, dear reader, is that quite frankly, yes.

You see, if I didn't 'put out' on the first date, then quite frankly I don't think OH would be on the cards. I remember quite distinctly that after hearing a diatribe of 'oh, you're really nice, but, I'm not really looking for anything...', that I just turned round, looked him in the eye and said, 'but do you want to sleep with me now?'

Long story short, the answer was 'YES'.

And Happily Ever After.

What got me thinking is that I have, from a very young age, always been assertive. What I wanted, I got, and OH is not shy in reminding me every so often, how difficult and 'I want things done my way' I really am.

So, in homage to Stuart Alan Jones of Queer as Folk, I salute you that in having you as a role model I learnt to be assertive enough to get what have, which is what I want.

Which is a Whole-Lotta-Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home