SimianExist

01 August, 2006

Of Mice...

... and grown men.

More specifically me and a cat. I am currently cat sitting for a friend in Bayswater. Its a lovely penthouse flat with lots and lots of space, which in itself is a great pleasure in London. This cat is a city cat, and as a result is a bored cat, lounging at home all day, sharpening its nails on the sofa and other bits of furniture. I'm just dreading that she might have decided to sharpen her talons on my bag and laptop in retaliation after I chucked her out of the room yesterday when I found out that she was sleeping in the bed that I was supposed to sleep in.

Actually, I think this cat already has it in for me. My friend has left me 6 litter tray liners, with express instructions that everytime Little Miss Black Cat does a Kitty Pooh, I have to change the liner otherwise she'll start leaving presents everywhere else. The cat is supposed to dump once a day and I'll change it once a day. Its been 15 hours since I've seen the cat and already its dumped 3 times and I've changed the liner as many times.

Miss T reckons that being a City Cat, she is malevolent and vicious, especially since I've chucked her out of bed, so now the cat is rationing its Kitty Dumps to maximise inconvenience to me.

*sigh*

Yesterday after I'd fed her I was trying to prepare dinner. Cat kept weaving itself between my legs and almost made me trip over and break my neck. As soon as I'd stroked it for a bit, it sauntered off, tail in the air without so much as a backward glance to acknowledge the fact that it had got what it wanted. Later, when I was sat on the sofa trying to eat my dinner, cat jumped on me and dug her nails into my t-shirt lest I try and shoo her away. Trying to eat with one hand and stroke a cat with another is not easy.

I'm just dreading it tonight when I get back and it'll be sitting there waiting, expectantly to torture me for another night...

Maybe I should try and get some catnip so it'll get stoned and leave me in peace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home