SimianExist

29 December, 2008

Roundup...

2008 is finally ending and I can't wait. Work has been fraught and I've realised that an errant client doesn't like me and takes all measures to trip me up and possibly get me fired. However, I've worked with people like that before and I know what he's playing at, so hopefully I have all bases covered and manage to stay ahead of said client.

Christmas with OH and the in-laws was wonderfully quiet. Everyone just did their own thing, and the only marginal panic happened when I mistimed the cooking of the duck breasts. Panic over, all served and everyone enjoyed the meal.

On the Saturday, OH and I headed into Newcastle City Centre. Its an interesting place, with nice Georgian buildings in the middle, and the rest of it is surrounded by ugly concrete 'modern' buildings. Verdict: I couldn't live there because its ugly and I have trouble understanding the Geordie accent.

We boarded the Metro to head back to the car, parked 6 stops away by some members of OH's family that we discovered practised Sapphic love. On the way I lamented my misfortune of not being able to purchase the shoes I wanted since I forgot my ID and the shop was adamant they wouldn't accept credit cards without a form of it. To make light of the situation I attempted to tell OH I was heartbroken, in a Geordie accent.

OH looked at me and asked, 'Why are you speaking Welsh?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home