SimianExist

16 May, 2008

A Pretty Good Week...

...overall.

1. Despite the crazy rigmarole required to collect and sign for a work parcel, I received another that was entirely unexpected which was a fabulous magnum of champagne. OH and I will be bathing in the stuff soon. Still no work parcel though. Oh well... Result: FREE CHAMPAGNE!

2. After the painful delay flying into London the last trip that resulted us being diverted to an airport nowhere close to our destination, OH trotted off to pay for an immensely expensive taxi ride, with the proviso that dinners and lunches for the duration we were in London were on me. I agreed, but also wrote a strongly worded email complaint to the carrier. After having forgotten all about it, I received an email today from the company apologising for the inconvenience caused, along with the full reimbursement. Dinners and lunches for the rest of the weekend are on OH. Result: FREE MEALS!

3. I am getting on very well with my boss. His partner is now eager to meet me after us having multiple conversations on the telephone. Result: FREE DRINK!

4. My pain-in-the-arse client has the limits of tolerance that my company is willing to take. As a result discussions have been had along the lines of 'understanding that we may not meet the service and dedication we may be able to offer, but throroughly understand should you wish to move to a different service provider'. Result: FREE OF STRESS!

5. OH and I have NOTHING planned this weekend, given the hectic schedule we are facing next week. Result: VEGETATING AND RELAXING.

Good Friday to all you lovely readers.

*doffs sun hat*

*bows*

*EXITS ROOM*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home