SimianExist

24 April, 2008

Blah blah blah...

... or not in the mood.

Normally I take something that has happened, or something that I realise in the course of everyday life and blog about it, often with a ham-handed segue into or off the topic discussed and end with an attempt to be humourous. This week I can't be bothered, so I'm just going to type what's on my mind and what's happened.

***

Last Friday I had a bit of a meltdown and started panicking about the exams that I have coming up in June. Apart from having received my books late, and the amount of detail I am required to know for this exam, I have been suffering from apathy and the thought that I have plenty of time to cover the material before the big day. I now realise that this isn't the case, and that I will surely fail this exam unless I (a) go into hermit mode and do nothing but study; (b) defer my entry to Dec 08 and really up the ante and make sure by November I can rattle everything off by heart; or (c) sit the exam and fail anyway, but at least I know what I'm supposed to face at the end of the year when I resit it.

(a) is unlikely to happen since I have to work, and staying in 3 days in a row is enough to drive me crazy. Coupled with the fact that my boss is out for the next 10 days and I have to be in work early as well with a non-lunch break to cover the phones, it is not going to happen. I have already looked into (b) and made enquiries over deferring. I may have to pay the enrollment fee again, but I guess that its not that much. (c) is the most likely and sensible option. Given that I know I'm not going to pass first time around I might as well have a look and sit the conditions before raising my game and doing it properly in Dec.

***

Miss T from Oz has finally neared the end of her visa application. Hopefully in a fortnight we will be looking online together in real time and I will be a bundle of excitement while she books her one-way ticket back to London. Its been far too long and I miss her lots.

***

My sister is semi involved with a tennis coach. I have no problem with this apart from the fact that she has low self esteem and is already tremendously infatuated with him. They live in different countries, which should they have a relationship I would totally support, knowing the difficulties of a long-distance relationship having spent 18 months jetting back and forth between London and Geneva to make sure that OH and I are right for each other. In the end it payed off and I am glad that we invested the time and money to make it work because we work so well together. My qualms about this guy is that he is almost my age (27) and my sister has just turned 18. I find that a bit creepy and I am not sure how to approach the subject without her feeling that I am trying to interfere.

Furthermore, they are already talking about 'love' given they've only met twice. I am not too comfortable about this.

***

I have given up the mantle of hausfrau and I have instructed OH that he can deal with the issue of cleaners. Having interviewed an agency the other day, that would be my preference despite it costing slightly more. The agency has insurance cover as well as 2 people operating on a professional level. The independent cleaner will start this Saturday and we have decided that she has a 6 week trial period. If after this it is not working out, OH has the task of telling her that.

***

It's my birthday in a week. I was all up for a little party and getting a little hammered, but now I'm not so keen and feeling a bit blasé about it. I've even had trouble telling OH what I want this year, since there really isn't much I can ask for (apart from the Kenwood Multichef and a variety of obscure cookbooks and paraphernalia). I am however looking forward to the 8 course meal that OH and I are having on the 3rd to celebrate our anniversary. We will have been together 3 years, and this meal should hopefully make up for the absolute disaster that we had last year.

***

As I have mentioned my boss is away for 10 days leaving me in charge. It will either be manic or calm, depending how things go. The saving grace is that its a 4 day week next week by virtue of the 1st of May being a holiday (my birthday, ehem...) The drawback is that everyone normally takes the Friday off and has a long weekend. I will be working. However, there is another Bank Holiday on the 12th of May which I am excited about, and I desperately want to go away somewhere for a break.

***

I am on another diet. I need to lose some weight and tone up before I see my mother in July. Otherwise I can already hear her dulcet tones lamenting the fact that I am not making the most of my youth to be toned and fit. On the other hand, I might just not bother and tell her very kindly to shut up and have more botox done so she can't move her mouth to criticise.

Okay, I was being well harsh on the last bit, and I'm too vain to want to look like a walrus on the beach so I will have to lose some weight for my own benefit.

***

Sorry for lack of funny this week. I've had lots of inspired posts, but then I got to the point where I just couldn't be arsed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home