SimianExist

09 April, 2008

Passive/Aggressive

Eg1:

Me: *sigh*
OH: What’s wrong?
Me: Nothing, nothing. *sigh louder*
OH: TELL ME WHAT’S WRONG.
Me: Well, I don’t want to sound like a nag, but could you please not leave your jumpers on the floor?
OH: Why?
Me: Well, I picked one up earlier and it had lots of down fluff stuck to it. I think it came from under the bed.
OH: Thank you, it doesn’t matter though
Me: Well, I’m sure it doesn’t matter but I know dust mites can gather and I don’t want you to have your eczema aggravated.
OH: Sorry dear, I’ll pick it up next time.

Eg2:

Me: *sigh* *TUT TUT*
OH: What have I done now?
Me: Nothing, its nothing. *storms out of room*
OH: What??
Me: Well, you know how I said to separate the wash?
OH: Yes…?
Me: Well you didn’t separate the wash and there was a black sock in the white wash.
OH: And…?
Me: (losing temper now) Well it might have stained the whole load, that’s what. I mean can’t you pay just a little attention to the tasks that you have to do???
OH: ???
Me: (goes on) You do't understand. It might just be 'one sock' to you but what if the sock was red? What if the sock colour RAN in a WHITE wash???
OH: Calm down dear, its only a sock. Besides, do you wear red socks?
Me: (almost bursting a vein) That is NOT THE POINT, *splutter splutter* THE POINT IS...
OH: Calm down. Now look, we’ll get a cleaner to sort this out.
Me: Oh... [small voice] And to sort out the ironing... (happy now we’re getting a cleaner so we don’t have to deal with this anymore)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home