SimianExist

28 March, 2008

A Letter...

Dear XXX

It has been a while since we last spoke, and the way we left things has been uncomfortable. For a while now there have been many unsaid things between us, but for me, at least, the time to say these things has passed and I no longer wish to raise them again.

How does one write a letter severing a past relationship? For me it will be the end, because I cannot carry on playing charades anymore. I may see you out and about, and if you approach me I will acknowledge you, but I never want to engage with you again. The Americans have a jarring word: closure; this word used to make me cringe, but now I have attained it to the best of my ability, I am cherishing the protection it offers.

As it is, we have moved on in life. You still chase fame and fortune and indulge to excess. I look back on the time we spent together with a sense of self-loathing. What was it that made me leave my self-respect at the door, to turn into one of your pawns in your ugly, twisted games? The ridicule, slander and self-destruction you subjected me to. But no, enough I tell myself. No more bitterness; after all, life is full of experiences, and that was one of them.

I do not wish you well, but neither do I wish you ill for I am indifferent. But how does one end a letter like this? I am no longer yours, neither am I sincere towards you.

Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home