SimianExist

13 August, 2008

Finish the sentence...

Shamelessly lifted from Troubled Diva (my new fave blog read).

He's got fab answers to these, but its a fun exercise and it fills the time rather than me being bored at work, and it gives you lovely people an insight to my psyche/madness/humdrum existence (delete as appropriate).

1. My uncle once: told me my grandparents couldn't understand the concept of people being gay. To them gay was being camp and effeminite and wanting to dress up in women's clothes.

2. Never in my life: have I regretted leaving my well paid job to go back to university.

3. When I was five: I moved to the Far East with my parents and stayed there for 12 years.

4. High school was: spent agonising over why the Head Boy didn't feel for me the same as I did for him, or if I should pretend that I liked girls.

5. I will never forget: the look OH gave me when I said that caviar and buttered toast reminded me of my childhood.

6. Once I met: a fashion designer that I then slept with. I came back to London and told everyone about it but they just smiled and nodded thinking the story to be false. Two weeks later everything that I'd learnt was published in a magazine interview and I had a nice time being smug to my friends.

7. There’s this girl I know: who jumped into a pool then panicked because she later couldn't find the tampon she had on.

8. Once, at a bar: I got off with a hot guy that turned out to be a girl.

9. By noon, I’m usually: thinking about what to cook for dinner, or who I'm meeting for a drink after work.

10. Last night: OH was away in Paris and it was raining heavily so I went home, had a few beers then watched a movie and had some dinner then bed. I still got to bed way later than what I'd promised myself.

11. If only I had: rebelled and insisted on learning to drive when I was younger I wouldn't have to take the sodding driving tests now at age 28.

12. Next time I go to church: will be in September to show my friend who's visiting around the town.

13. What worries me most: is being made to look incompetent at work.

14. When I turn my head left I see: the hallway that links my office to my bosses office. Sometimes the toilet door is left open and because the door is mirrored, I see myself instead.

15. When I turn my head right I see: a pigeon looking at me through the window.

16. You know I’m lying when: the stories are inconsistent.

17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: being less than double digits and I only had to worry about homework.

18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Sir Toby Belch, cousin to Olivia in Twelfth Night. Because he's a drunkard and I'd like to be a knight. But most of all I just like the name.

19. By this time next year: I hope the apartment will be fully furnished and I won't have to buy any more main pieces.

20. A better name for me would be: Gin Martini- strong, packs a punch, yet exquisitely louche.

21. I have a hard time understanding: why politicians exist.

22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: make sure I try and be more sporty so I'd have a better physique.

23. You know I like you if: I invite you over to dinner chez nous.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: the person who was most active in supporting me for the award.

25. Take my advice, never: snort ecstasy, or ProPlus, or start smoking just to look cool. The first two gives you a nosebleed and the latter stains your teeth.

26. My ideal breakfast is: fried eggs, sunny side up, followed by scrambled eggs, then eggs Benedict.

27. A song I love but do not have is: Mr BoJangles as sung by Nina Simone.

28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: are careful when you took your wallet out on the streets.

29. Why won’t people: email me back immediately after I've emailed them?

30. If you spend a night at my house: you'll have a selection of random travel-sized toiletries with your towel, depending on where we've been on holiday.

31. I’d stop my wedding for: a fag break. Or a multibillion dollar deal that's in my interest.

32. The world could do without: hypocrisy. Or time.

33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: eat liver.

34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: Mrs. CPS from Mayfair and Gwen Stefani.

35. Paper clips are more useful than: melon scented handcream.

36. If I do anything well it’s: likely to result in an empty plate.

37. I can’t help but: wonder at the trajectory at which my career progression is taking, or should take.

38. I usually cry: at the end of Philadelphia, Priscilla or at intense movies. Or when I look at my bank balance before payday.

39. My advice to my child/nephew/niece: is to take your time, but focus on what you want to do and not to let others bully you into a career you're unsure about.

40. And by the way: I need to remember to collect my Breitling and drop the Tag off for the batteries to be replaced.

I'm tagging: Stornisse and Fastfingers, just beacuse they're the only people who I know who read this drivel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home